At MPI Foam, we can install two different types of spray foam insulation: open-cell and closed-cell foam. The goals you want to achieve with your insulation will decide what kind of foam is best for your property. Our Raleigh insulation experts are dedicated to giving you the best spray foam insulation experience possible with impeccable results. Contact us today!
Benefits of Open-Cell Spray Foam Insulation
Open-cell foam has a density of about 0.5 lb. per cubic foot and an R-value of 3.5 or 3.6 per inch. This type of foam is relatively vapor-permeable and is made of bio-based raw materials. Open-cell foams use water primarily as the blowing agent.
Compared to closed-cell foam, our Raleigh open-cell foam insulation:
- Uses significantly less material, making it a prime choice from a resource-use standpoint
- Is suitable for interior insulation and is less costly than closed-cell foam
- Has a soft, sponge texture that retains a continual air seal throughout the building’s structural movement and setting
- Lets bulk water pass through it through bi-directional drying that eliminates the chance of condensation and mold growth
- Will allow water to wick in the event of a leak
Don’t hesitate to contact our Raleigh spray foam insulation company at 844-MPI-FOAM to see how open-cell foam insulation can improve your home or business.
MPI Foam is proud to provide open-cell spray foam insulation to homes and commercial properties in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest and surrounding areas in NC.